Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Scrappy Saturday Night

Anxious to have another post for my blog and riding the adrenaline from the one-hour challenge on Friday I did a few pages last night. CTMH used to have B&T (patterned paper) packs to coordinate with our color families in addition to the themed packs, but they discontinued them a few years ago. I have hoarded mine but thought it was about time to use some up! These were in Summer Carnival, very vibrant primary and secondary colors that are perfect for photos of my kids playing and, well, just being kids. I used sketches from Pagemaps, and some Heidi Swapp embellishments I won at the Snowflake Scrap in Sturbridge, MA, last January. I'm actually trying to use some of my stash before buying more! What a concept! And I broke in my new Cricut Calligraphy cartridge, that thing is so much fun.



Before I finished, I made a birthday card for my mother. I had my Cherry-O paper pack on me which is so bright and summery, and I found scraps just the perfect sizes for this card. And I used the Party Pennants stamp set, with some Mocha Opaque Pearls and Chocolate ribbon. The card base is on Sweet Leaf cardstock, my favorite green: 


Happy Birthday, Mom!

2 comments:

  1. The layouts and card look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! So pretty. Great job on using your stash up too.

    ReplyDelete