Friday, January 25, 2013

With All My Heart

I wanted to post this layout without photos first, so you could see how it was put together. I have seen a lot of single page layouts with geometric shapes scattered across the page, but not many doubles, which is what I like to do for my clubs, and this was a hostess club project. So, I just cut one double-sided piece of Avonlea B&T into 2 inch squares, began in the bottom right corner of the left hand page, and alternated patterns to create a set of steps, leaving a sliver of space in between on all sides. I did the same with the right page, beginning in the top left.

Because I knew my squares were not going to match up all the time, I intentionally skewed a few squares here and there so it's not as noticeable. A 5-4-3-2-1 triangle on each page left me with 6 squares, so I added 3 to each opposing corner, cut our silver ribbon into pennants, and embellished with the January Stamp of the Month. My club wanted to learn watercoloring with pencils as this month's technique, and this stamp lent itself well to that. A quick addition of the zip strip along the bottom finished the page.

The perfect photos for this aren't printed yet, but they will go across the page in a single line, in the middle. I may use Slate cardstock to matte the photos, and will probably add a journaling spot, but I will update this post later when it's complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment