Saturday, April 30, 2011

I Scream layout

I recently completed my first one-hour challenge online. And it WAS challenging! Mainly because I decided to do it even though the kids were running around, begging for attention (really, how dare they???) and trying to 'help'. Lesson learned.

Anyway, the challenge, on the Club CK blog at creatingkeepsakes.com, was a funny one for me. I just finished my Disney albums and while they were a lot of fun, I was kind of ready to be "done" with themed papers and embellishments. What was the challenge? Use themed paper and embellishments! Or a retro technique, or cliched title. Well, after madly tearing apart my scrap space looking for patterned scissors (unsuccessfully! Future post: how to organize your scrap space?) I went with those special corner rounders with the photo mounting slits that I think I bought when I began scrapping and haven't used since. And the photo I chose didn't have many themed stickers, but the CTMH Cherry-O kit was still perfect. I also used one of the journaling spots I made in bulk the other night. I hope you like it! I didn't win (random selection) but had fun with the challenge and will definitely complete another one. Maybe when the kids are in bed.

1 comment:

  1. Love the layout! You were brave to take on a one hour challenge with kids awake. I haven't done that. I think I'll take your experience as my lesson. The layout turned out great!

    ReplyDelete